Township of Bonfield Council 2014 to 2018
The Council of the Corporation of the Township of Bonfield is the primary decision making body for the Municipality. Council relies on the reports from staff and the recommendations of its committees to assist in the decision making process which affects your community and quality of life.
The Role of the Mayor
The Mayor is the head of council for the Township of Bonfield and among other things, some of the duties of the Mayor Are:
- To provide leadership on the affairs of Council and its Committees;
- To act as a public spokesperson for the municipality on major issues of policy and direction;
- To liaise with various levels of Government;
- To represent and support Council decisions; and
- To ensure the planning by Council effectively addresses the strategic issues facing the municipality.
The Role of the Council
The role of the four Council members include but are not limited to the following duties:
- To act as representatives of his or her constituents;
- To determine the range and level of services and programs which are provided to the residents of the Municipality; and
- To work with staff to provide a clear sense of political direction and vision for the Township.
Council meetings are held on the second and fourth Tuesdays of each month at 7:00 p.m. in the Council Chambers at the Municipal Office, 365 Highway 531, Bonfield ON P0H 1E0.
How to Contact Council
Anyone wishing to contact a councilor may do so in one of the following manners:
- In writing to:
Township of Bonfield
365 Highway 531
Bonfield, ON P0H 1E0
- By Phone: 705-776-2641 ( a message will be taken by staff and forwarded to the appropriate council member).
- By Fax: 705-776-1154
- By email: email@example.com
or by clicking on the Mayor or Councillors name above.