2. Significant Incidents / Emergency Events – Previous 24hrs:
- Total of 149 municipalities and First Nations communities have declared emergencies due to COVID-19 as of 2020-03-25. See Annex F.
- To further contain the spread of COVID-19, the Ontario Government ordered the mandatory closure of all non-essential workplaces effective March 24th at 11:59 p.m. This closure will be in effect for 14 days with the possibility of extending this order as the situation evolves.
- The Stop the Spread Business Information Line Now Open at 1-888-444-3659 for businesses who have questions about the provincial order to close non-essential workplaces.
- National: There are currently 1,959 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Canada and 27 people have died. There is an increased risk to Canadians that are 65 years and older, have compromised immune systems or have underlying medical conditions. The Canada Border Services Agency has suspended normal operations at its US-Canada land ports of entry and will allow essential traffic only. Economic and financial support is available for persons and businesses.
- International: There are currently 375,498 confirmed cases of COVID-19 worldwide, 16,362 deaths. The World Health Organization has assessed the global risk as ‘Very High’.