The Township of Bonfield –– is a township in the northeastern part of Ontario. With numerous cottages and picturesque landscapes of forestry and waterways, it is a destination of beauty and charm. The Township invites applications for Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) & Finance Manager. This is a perfect opportunity for someone experienced in public sector senior management to lead the overall development, management and execution of the Township’s budget and strategic priorities. The CAO & Finance Manager oversees the financial management of the township and includes financial reporting, long-term strategy and working with department heads to prepare budgets. Come be a part of the Township of Bonfield – small community, big heart.
Chief Administrative Officer (CAO)
- •Responsible for the development and retention of highly motivated and competent Department Heads to lead the respective departments within the township.
•Responsible for the overall communications, customer service, financial, IT, HR operations, major projects and other agencies/functions as assigned by Council.
•Implementing Council’s decisions and establishing administrative practices and procedures to carry out Council’s decisions.
•Overall planning, coordination, and control of all municipal operations in accordance with the objectives, policies and plans approved by Council and the appropriate provisions of the Municipal Act regarding roles and responsibilities of a municipal CAO.
•Carry out all the executive and administrative duties and powers of Council, as Council has power to delegate in accordance with the Act.
•Act as the Chief Purchasing Agent of the Township.
•Formal and informal advice to Council.
•Oversee preparations of Council agendas, reports, and minutes.
•Ensure enforcement of bylaws and policies as necessary.
•Ensure the prompt and proper handling of requests, inquiries, and complaints by Township residents.
•Maintain effective relationships with Council, external agencies, other District municipalities, government agencies, legal counsel, consultants, contractors,and the community.
Finance Manager & Treasurer Responsibilities
- Collect, analyze, and review financial information including reporting on variances and the reasons for the variance.
- Produce financial reports related to budgets, accounts payables, accounts receivables, expenses, etc.
- Support the development of long-term organizational plans based on financial reports and analysis.
- Lead the capital budgeting process and capital asset accounting.
- Prepare financial reports.
- Lead the budgeting process, including working with department heads to prepare budgets.
- Oversee the Deputy Clerk/Treasurer to ensure all financial affairs required by the municipality under the Municipal Act of Ontario (2001) are adhered to.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities the CAO & Finance Manager Will Bring:
- Knowledge of relevant federal, provincial and municipal regulations and by-laws.
- Knowledge of financial forecasting, accounting principles and financial data analysis.
- Ability to establish strategic priorities and effectively lead a strategic plan.
- Demonstrated skills and ability to lead people and projects.
- Skills in financial planning and budgeting.
- Excellent public relations skills and abilities.
- Sound judgement and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with a variety of stakeholders, including internal staff, Council and the public.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Knowledge of municipal government practices and procedures.
The Qualifications the CAO & Finance Manager Will Have:
- Completion of post secondary education in a relevant field of study such as finance, accounting, or business administration. Additional training in public administration or municipal government considered a strong asset.
- Previous experience in senior management roles in the public sector or government.
- Strong financial acumen and experience in finance, including financial report preparation, analysis, budgeting, and audits.
We are committed to fair and equitable recruiting practices. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to come forward at any stage of the recruitment process to request accommodations if needed. We will consult with you and create processes that provide individuals with disabilities the best possible recruitment experience.
Deadline to submit resumes is December 31, 2021 and can be submitted to the following
Township of Bonfield
Email: [email protected]