The Ontario Building Code Act and Code are Regulations that are set in place by the Province of Ontario. Under the requirements of the Building Code Act, Municipalities are responsible for the enforcement of the Act, Code and governing regulations.The Building Code sets minimum standards, which ensures public safety and uniformity in the construction industry.
Building Permits are required for:
- The construction of any structure occupying an area greater than ten square metres;
- An addition (of any size), to an existing building, including residential, commercial and farm buildings, decks, swimming pools, storage buildings, garages, etc;
- Renovations or alterations to existing buildings depending on the change and type of materials used, contact the Building Department for further information;
- Any new plumbing or changes to an existing plumbing system;
- Change of use (contact the Building Dep’t for further information.
For specific requirements and other inquiries please contact the Building Department and our courteous staff will be more than pleased to assist you.
Chief Building Official: D.A.(Doug) Laplante C.B.C.O.